Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidC
I appreciated the previous post on "being thin." I'm thin now, and expect to be for the rest of my life. I did yo-yo earlier trying to do low fat diets, being hypothyroid, etc. But Atkins (and synthroid, to be fair) was the solution - it did change my mind set and eating habits. Permanently. It's been said, let me say it again - it's not a diet, it's a way of life.
Sid, you've certainly hit the nail on the head as to what is required for successful maintenance; a complete change in one's mindset and eating habits, and to see it as a way of life, not a diet. It took me a while to realise that, but now that I have, there's no turning back!

I'm going to jump in here too and agree with both of you.
Its a total change of mind!! it has to be that for long term as I know that if I constantly felt as if I were on a diet, I would not last.

As for this latest blog from Barbara Berkeley.....while I have a lot of respect for her and her blog....this particular blog actually brought up some anger in me.
I can only speak from my own experience....I had to endure untold pain and humiliation being morbidly obese for 15 yrs of my life.....it changed me. I can't muster up much compassion for those who've never experienced it. sorry if that makes me seem bitchy but its honestly how I feel.
20 lbs? give me a break!!

I'm going to give this more thought and hopefully will find some compassion for this.