View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-29-18, 08:50

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I just put in an order yesterday to a local grocery store for beef trimmings- I buy about 20 pounds at a time. Share with the dogs and store in the freezer as it doesnt hold well in the fridge.

Took many stops to talk with the butcher department of many grocery stores to find a shop that would save up the trimming for me. Prices may vary but I pay about $1 a pound for fresh trimmings.

Broiled it tastes like heaven. A little is satisfying. Cut into chunks, it can be baked until the chunks that are crispy delicious when lightly salted.

Billy--- while I would like to see beef tallow used again, given the political climate around beef/ fat/ oils, I wonder how many decades will pass before this comes back. While I TOTALLY LOVED McDONALDS fries, I RAREly eat them. Just a couple as they are a health hazard. Dr Atkin cautioned about the combo of the starchy foods combined with fats--- has this been debunked??? Is it really the fault of the refined seed oils and just too much refined foods like breads that led us to this epidemic of obesity?