Thread: Scarsdale Diet
View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Aug-08-09, 09:56

Plan: Scarsdale
Stats: 193/188.2/135 Female 5'2"
BF:35, 34, 24
Progress: 8%

Hi, My name is Diana, I live on the UWS in New York City, and have found the Scarsdale Diet helpful in several ways:
1. at the beginning of any weight loss program, I appreciate a menu that requires little/no decision making/weighing food or preparation fuss.
2. I can take 6 - 13 pounds off in two weeks which, although it may arguable be water weight that I can regain quickly, makes enough of a difference that I have increased energy and am lighter on my feet/can start a walking/low impact aerobic program without injury or pain
3. it is not that far removed from the weight watchers core program without using the extra 35 points.
4. I am sufficiently satisfied/blood sugar is consistent so I do not experience many cravings or headaches
5. my self esteem is improved by my ability to follow turn away from my urge to eat high dairy/sugar/carb foods.
6. most importantly, I can use the immediate weight loss to inspire me to embrace a more moderate plan after the first two on-two off Scarsdale month.

I took the NY Bar Exam in Feb. 2006 (passed but gained 12 because I stopped exercising), worked for an insanely busy firm (and lost track of my food program gaining another 30 pounds), the firm went bankrupt in Dec. 2008 and have gained another 15. Thus went from 145-ish (chubby but not too far from my goal weight of 135) to above 190. Freaking out, super broke, and fat three weeks shy of my 50th birthday spurred me on to the Scarsdale plan last Sunday, and I finally feel like I am capable of making progress in my life. Thanks for listening, Diana