View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Aug-16-20, 20:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins NDR (2002)
Stats: 270.2/236/165 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 33%

This is a question that's been on my own mind lately. I'm coming from only eating one main meal a day and one snack, to a plan that expects me to eat so much more often than I'm used to. Breakfast for me, is pretty much a no-no. I take a bunch of meds as soon as I wake up with some water and even the smell or the thought of food for the first few hours makes me nauseated. I've tried to 'break my fast' upon rising a couple of times, but it's as if my stomach just doesn't wake up when the rest of me does and it can be really hard not to have it 'bounce' leaving me running to puke in the bathroom. I've just never been a breakfast person and always done without.

But if I'm going to be needing to get fat & protein into me, at least three times a day, the only way around it I can see is to use something like a protein shake, blended with coconut oil & ice, to create a drink that I can sip on slowly via a straw.

I also cannot eat a lot too late at night, because I have another bunch of medications to take and I need them to be absorbed properly, not get lost or delayed in a system full of food. I'd be looking at my lunch being my largest meal, with something like a shake sipped slowly after taking morning meds, and a smaller meal in the evening that won't lie in my stomach for a long time taking forever to digest, and won't interfere with my evening meds.

So I'm really hoping that I can make this shake instead of breakfast thing work. I know I'm just a huge pain in the ass with my "special requirements" but my medicine regime takes precedence and always will if I want to be around on this planet for the long haul.