View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-19, 08:45

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Thanks for this. Very helpful

I have just discovered I am sensitive to cheese! And I love cheddar cheese! Now I will have to check out cream, cottage cheese and creamed cheese to see if it is all dairy or just one producer.

I have to skip the berry rung entirely - it sets up massive cravings.

Fasting is not for me because of my personal hx. If I deliberately set out to fast I go into panic mode. Just avoiding food when I am not hungry is better for me. No more eating on a schedule. Just eating when hungry.

I am going to check out lectins and see how I react to them. Thanks for the reference.

I am not pre-diabetic or diabetic, but if I eat sugars I get a violent reaction especially when combined with wheat. As in muffins or cookies. That was when I realized, that just like an alcoholic, my food cravings and intolerances just keep developing whether I eat them or not. I wish friends would stop bringing me cookies and muffins as gifts - they go in the garbage as soon as they leave. I asked them not to bring me food but they do anyway. Carbs are ubiquitous.

I have still not gotten back to the weight I was before the overnight weight gain. I assumed it was fluid retention but it doesn't seem to be.

So its back to: try this and see what happens; stop eating this and see what happens. It's been months since I have had a lentil of any kind - if you don't count peanuts - I have had some recently instead of pecans with no ill effects. None since.

I do appreciate your sharing Werebear -- it does help me to put things in perspective.