#8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-18, 07:04

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
~ Arielle, I thoroughly agree. With good recipes, you stay n target. No need to have bland, boring food just because you are on a special program. Boring food is the kiss of death for ANY diet, I always say.

I agree with this so much, but some people never had the ability to make good food of their own to begin with. I'm lucky that I caught the cooking bug a couple decades ago. I always cooked, even as a teenager, but the last ten years especially I took to trying a much wider variety of cooking, even baking which most men dont do a lot of, and I started trying to make the things I loved in restaurants, at home.

When I first started the LC diet, it was almost a panic....it seemed like you weren't allowed to eat hardly anything. I was dismayed at the number of folks here who were perfectly fine with the same old thing and nothing special in their foods. I remember someone telling me just that...they were perfectly happy with the same old stuff, all the time. Finding foods to eat to vary the diet is the main reason I come here and share also. That's why I'm almost exclusively in the kitchen talk section, I dont have a disease except alcoholism so I dont need the support groups (not trying to quit drinking totally), I dont need support staying on my diet...so the cooking and store available foods is my main thing.

The day I clicked on the link in your signature was a good day. Your site has allowed me to focus better and you have been doing this for a while. A better chance that one of your recipes will work well vs. a random web page I find when searching for LC recipes. I'm not much of a book reader in my older age, not that I cant, I used to read books a lot as a teen and also when out at sea with absolutely nothing to do. The last book I read required a week on the beach forcing myself to do nothing. Almost all of my cookbooks gather dust. Don't know why, and now even the old standards I've had for years arent much help since they arent low carb. I prefer learning the methods and the LC ingredients and then tweaking recipes or even doing a hybrid of several recipes from the web, creating my own...sometimes they fail, sometimes its a hit and a keeper.

My only complaint is all the ingredients I have to invest in as I go through your recipes! I've already invested quite a bit but now have to go out and buy psyllium and egg white protein too! This is why with baking, I stick with your recipes for now. You cant "wing" baking like a stir fry! A person can waste a lot of money messing up baking...especially with the cost of these ingredients.

The good news is I've found other uses for some of the ingredients. I'm now making whey protein almond milk concoctions to keep in the fridge for a quick stomach soother and appetite management for instance...I'm sure the egg white protein will find its way in there too!