View Single Post
  #103   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 00:52

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%

I didn't say that what other people do or say doesn't affect us. That's a given. And yes, sometimes behaviour patterns get passed on from generation to generation.

However, my point was that we CAN choose how we act/react to what others say and do. The wife beating behaviour started somewhere along the line of generations and it can stop somewhere along the line too. However, someONE has to make a choice in order for the behaviour to either stop or start.

And yes, I agree we all come here for support in changing and making ourselves better people. But we also come for knowledge in order to make those changes. It's awfully hard to make good choices when the information we have is limited. This forum is a wealth of information. We have the benefit of learning from other's positive and negative experiences and we can also learn by being told what we need to hear rather than what we want to hear.

Bottom line is being honest with ourselves about who we actually are and deciding who we want to be. This affects all areas of our lives including our health and our weight.