Old Fri, Jul-07-06, 12:15
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTwacky
...... Despite all we can say, many who are really Carb Addicted/COE are not going to believe they are in that class. By every form of self-deception and experimentation, they will try to prove themselves exceptions to the rule, therefore non eating disordered. If anyone who is showing inability to control his eating can do the right-about-face and eat like a gentleman or lady, our hats are off to them. Heaven knows, we have tried hard enough and long enough to eat like other people!

It occured to me as I read this, that maybe self-deception, such as "eating like a gentleman or lady" isn't such a bad thing. My image of eating like a lady involves restrictive clothing. You know .. the little black number, underneath which we (well okay, "we" who have issues ) must wear industrial strength garments labelled "control top" or "with extra-firming tummy control panel". You cannot overeat while wearing these. You can hardly breathe while wearing these. Perhaps when the urge to binge strikes, I should consider getting dressed up "like a lady", instead of my usual baggy "eating clothes". It just might force me to be more mindful.

I've been low-carbing for over 6 years, and for all this time I've been 90% "clean" with my diet. My cholesterol, triglycerides, liver function and blood sugar are all excellent (I took Accutane for acne in my late 20's, which affected my liver; I was told that my blood lipids and liver enzymes would be permanently elevated as a result. They're now reversed, and perfectly normal). However .. for 10% of the time, I still struggle with bingeing . It's not an issue of carbs per se; I can binge on meat and veggies just as easily as cookies or chips. Bingeing is my way of keeping those nasty emotions stuffed down all nice and quiet where I don't have to deal with 'em.

*sigh*

We are all a work in progress. Congrats to all of us who never stop trying, every day, one day at a time.

Doreen, xo