View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 12:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/137/130 Female 66.8 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Welcome Safferbabe to this thread!

Congrats on your loss so far - how are you feeling? Some people do get the "Atkins flu" during induction but it will go away - if this is the first time you are low carbing, this way of life can be a shock to the system! It takes a few days for your body to become a fat burning machine, and for the cravings to go, but I promise you if you stick it out for the first two weeks, it does get easier.

I really don't think I could have come this far (18 kg in 9 months) without the support of this board, so if you have any questions, don't be afraid to seek the advice of others here. And read as much as you can from other people's experiences, as this is how I learned an enormous amount.

As far as the difference between Woolies and the Atkins Counter goes:

Personally I'm rather inclined to lean towards the Atkins numbers because this WOE has really worked for me. Especially the info woolies has provided re the salmon. If there are no added ingredients I can't understand how there can be any carbs in fish!

A really great online daily diet counter is Fitday.com . I used this in the beginning and it's free. You can easily track your carbs this way, but don't forget to subtract the fibre from the veggies. You can create your own favourite foods this way and it really makes life easier. Another software programme you can buy is Diet Power which I use when I'm not online.

As far as the supplements for, do you mean things like Atkins bake mix and low carb shakes and bars? If so then I have no idea where you could get them but I hope if you find out, you will let me know. I wish we had those yummy Da Vinci syrups here too. By the way some people on this board are having Lindt 85% chocolate as a treat occasionally - one square is apparently only 1 - 2 carbs! If you come across that, please let me know where to find it!