View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-21, 08:48

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

This morning, in an event of serendipity, an article surfaced in my desktop (the real one) pile. Everything You Know About Obesity is Wrong, published in The Huffington Post around 9/22/18 (at least that's when I printed it).

The gist of the article: Fat bodies are a normal variation in human beings. Not all fat people are sick or debilitated, let alone ignorant and slothful. "Fat shaming"--not to mention actual discrimination--is a national shame, especially from the medical establishment.

(Entertainment seems to be a field where fatness is not a disqualifying characteristic for success.)

I will try to track down a link online. Edit: Here it is. That didn't take long.
Everything You Know...

All of us here have reasons and motives for devoting ourselves to weight management. Vanity is certainly one of mine (can I still be vain at 75? Yes!) Thrift is another (I want to wear the clothes I already own!). Good health is a bit farther down my list, because I don't have any fat-related issues (eg. diabetes). But I know a lot about nutrition that's helpful for aging gracefully.

So...being fat is "not your fault." Some things you can do about it, some things you can't. No reason why you cannot live, love, and be loved.