View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-08, 23:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%

Hi Valerie,

To elaborate, I thought I was done losing weight until the layoff notice. I'd been holding steady at a weight 10 lbs above goal for a few weeks. Then, boom! -- 7 lbs in two weeks just evaporated.

Judy, I've added 10g more of berries to my plan/day. I don't want any grains; they don't appeal to me, and the resulting blood sugar spike slams me to the ground like a sumo wrestler. Then come the cravings. No thanks. And I'm apparently immune from the effects of nuts. I ate a 5000 calorie bag of macadamia nuts 12 lbs ago and actually lost 2 lbs. A week ago, I scarfed down 5 oz. of pecans without any noticeable effect at all. I think Martin Levac might be partially right; without insulin to promote fat storage, my body seems to get rid of extra calories through some futile cycling mechanism.

Tonight, I had some chili with beans. That's the carbs I'm willing to add for right now, in addition to extra fat and some cheese. I'm just pissed because all the sleek clothes I bought a month ago look slightly baggy now.

I'll read some more and get a handle on this stuff. I've just never experienced this kind of stress on a LC WOE and had this happen, so I'm gently freaking out.