View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-08, 15:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%
Default Under stress, losing weight

If my topic's been discussed elsewhere, please point me to it; I couldn't find it easily with this site's search function.
-------------------------------

On 10/5, I was notified that I was to be laid off (while out of town on vacation, no less). Fri. 10/17 was my last day at the office (I get a nice severance package, though). This morning, on 10/19, I weigh 7 lbs less than on 10/5, eating exactly the same as before (PP Purist, 40g carbs/day), I'm under my goal weight by a few pounds, and I'm at my target BF%.

I'm working out 4-5x/week, a combo. of weight training, cardio, and stability ball work. Ironically, I'm now getting unsolicited comments *at my gym* from staff and people who've seen me there since I started working out in 4/08 about how good I look now.

Now that I'm officially in maintenance mode, I'm unsure how to prevent further weight loss while I'm under the stress of a job search. More complex carbs, e.g., chili w/ beans? More fat at meals or as a snack?

Any personal experience about dealing w/ weight loss due to stress will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links