View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-22, 06:24

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Update at 18 months using Dr Ted Naiman’s The P:E diet and Marty Kendall's Data Driven Fasting and Optimising Nutrition. Also 11 1/2 years on a low/now more moderate carb diet.

Starting in early November when there was a pause in programs, Marty Kendall added a Thanksgiving "hack" to the last DDF program. Eat what we wanted; testing blood glucose before and after meals, (all in the name of science!) After being very LC, aka "keto", for so many years, I had already regained considerable metabolic flexibility over these 18 months. I tested small servings of potato, black beans, bread, desserts, wine, with modest increases in post meal glucose. In the past two months, I also continued to eat more protein, more vegetables, less fat than on very low carb/keto, and I usually ate within a 6-8 hour window.

There is some red on the weight loss chart, gaining and losing 5 lbs with the two months of celebration meals. But by Optimising Nutrition and Satiety prioritizing protein, I'm back at my lowest weight, 149 lbs., in 40 years. I also took a break from strength exercises with the increased virus cases, but am back at it - lifting the same weight. With optimal nutrition, I can maintain a 22 BMI for the rest of my life.

Sponsored Links