View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-19, 13:32

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default And the drum-beat against meat continues....

Quote:
Mar 12, 2019
Plant-Based Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams Launches Citywide School 'Meatless Mondays'
The initiative, which will start in the 2019-20 school year, will see all schools serve vegetarian menus on Mondays for Breakfast and lunch in a bid to improve public health

All New York City public schools will have 'Meatless Mondays' beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, under a scheme developed by Mayor Bill de Blasio, Schools Chancellor Richard A. Carranza, and vegan Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams.

The initiative, which was first piloted in 15 schools in Brooklyn in Spring 2018, will provide students with healthy, all-vegetarian breakfast and lunch menus every Monday.

According to New York City's Mayor's Office, Meatless Mondays is 'a national movement focused on healthy, environmentally-friendly meal options...[which] builds on the City's efforts to provide free, healthy meals to all students'.

Meatless Mondays
"I stood beside Mayor de Blasio and then-Chancellor Fariņa in 2017 to announce that 15 schools in Brooklyn were undertaking Meatless Mondays," Brooklyn Borough President, Eric Adams, said in a statement sent to Plant Based News.

"In less than 18 months, we can announce that Meatless Mondays has spread to more than one million children at every school across the city, putting us on the path to make our kids, communities, and planet healthier.

"I am grateful to Mayor de Blasio and Chancellor Carranza, as well as our incredible parent and student advocates who have made this a reality. I could not be more energized by our progress and more ready to take on the work ahead."

Improve health
"Cutting back on meat a little will improve New Yorkers' health and reduce greenhouse gas emissions," added Mayor Bill de Blasio. "We're expanding Meatless Mondays to all public schools to keep our lunch and planet green for generations to come."

"Meatless Mondays are good for our students, communities, and the environment," said Schools Chancellor Richard A. Carranza.

"Our 1.1 million students are taking the next step towards healthier, more sustainable lives. Our students and educators are truly leaders in this movement, and I salute them!"

sigh... just glad I don't live in New York City.
Sponsored Links