Thread: The Hay diet
View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Sep-10-09, 15:10

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

That actually makes sense - I think GI is based on inefficient digestion, and that's a terrible way to eat.

However, I am not planning on practicing food combining - my diet is essentially near-carnivore Paleo, with IF and only a little bit of Weston Price fermentation philosophy thrown in. I'm just very curious about food combining because it's so wildly different from everything else, and it seems like an interesting idea.

I am somewhat interested in Dr. K, who recommends you eat low protein AND low carb, but not as low carb as some (around 50g per day). I think he recommends a 5 hour fast between eating protein and carbs, which along with a baroque system of calculating ratios makes his plan one of the most complicated ones out there.

Unfortunately, either because of the language barrier, cultural barriers, or personal wackiness, Dr. K's instructions often seem confusing and contradictory. The whole point of eating carbs for him is to avoid converting protein to glucose. But if you're eating protein and carbs in separate meals, I would guess that your body is still doing that at the protein meal.