#13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 05:46
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%
Default Organ meats I like

I like to get pkgs of chicken hearts and gizzards and make soup with them... or add them to chili.

Liverwurst is made with organ meats.. quite good and easy to eat..
Beef heart - sliced and grilled... easy peasy and delicious

Oxtails are wonderful and fatty, although they are pretty expensive for bone food.

Cow feet.. chicken feet, duck feet.. make excellent bone broths full of gelatin.

Pig ears and pig tails.. chef’s are known to make tacos with this meat.. Sean Brock from South Carolina has a couple of cook books out where he uses pig ears in lettuce wraps..

Pigs feet.. always a great piece of animal to cook and chew on.. you can even buy this in grocery stores, already cooked and brined.

Pig head.. makes excellent head cheese. Pick the meat off the head and put into soups and chili.

Cow/veal tongue.. tender, delicious, gourmet. Many recipes available online for tongue.

Chicken livers.. unless it has dry sherry in the recipe.. i find this unappealing. Acquired taste for chicken livers is a definite.

Sweet breads.. excellent French recipes for this wonderful delicacy..
Brains.. some people like brains in scrambled eggs..

Beef cheeks.. texture is like brisket.. very tasty and fatty.. needs to be cooked low and slow to make it tender.. one of my favorite cuts of meat.

These are the organ meats I am accustomed to preparing and eating.
Lots of wonderful cuts of meat to enjoy..