View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-19, 05:35

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

I was fairly consistent during Atkins' induction, hovering around 20g of carbs a day. When I reached what I decided was my goal, I was already into time-restricted eating (TRE) ( mostly two meals a day - breakfast and lunch ) and intermittent fasting (IF) , and every now and then I'd do a longer one day fast, then a day and a half, and several close to 48 hours ( and recently hit 48 hours as that was bothering me not hitting that goal ).

Nowadays, with TRE and IF, my carb count has creeped up to the 30s and sometimes 40s while I still maintain. I do walk everyday, and am focused like a laser on getting a minimum of 7 hours sleep a day with my CPAP.

Here's an excerpt from the last 7 days of my daily food log. Hours of fasting is the TRE time from last meal of the day before until the first bite that morning.

26 17.0g / 15 hour fast
25 41.7g / 13 hour fast
24 35.3g / 15 hour fast
23 42.5g / 23 hour fast
22 38.4g / 13 hour fast
21 35.5g / 20 hour fast
20 45.4g / 18 hour fast

I measure and log my waist and weight first thing after I get up. Mostly I keep an eye out for Friday's weight - and the delta (change) from previous Fridays. So invariably some of my extended fasts come on or near hump day.

Cheese used to tip me into gaining, so I try harder to control this and don't buy as much shopping lol. Aged and red wax gouda - whatever the size was I'd eat the whole thing in one sitting every time.

Started LCHF Atkins induction 3-30-2018 and I guess you could say I reached what I decided was goal around July / August and have been maintaining since.