View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-23-15, 21:09

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 256/238.5/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Oh yeah, I definitely know what you mean about heart burn. I was dealing with it daily until I cut the carbs again. I guess if I think about it I had a lot of pregnancy symptoms that are suddenly gone since starting low carb. Heart burn, edema, body aches, nausea, headaches, fatigue, crankiness, being emotional. All gone. I really do feel like a completely different person when I eat right.

I'm having a baby boy too. I think his name is going to be Declan Kyler. I have an anterior placenta with this baby. Apparently that means it'll be harder for anyone to feel him kick and it's harder to get a good look on the ultrasound. I have felt him allot but so far it's been nearly impossible for anyone else to feel him.

I plan to try to stay at or around 20 carbs to begin with until I get my edema completely under control. I don't believe ketosis is harmful to the baby either. Actually I think it's healthy for them. And it's definitely better than sugar and wheat and the high insulin levels that come with eating that junk. If I don't feel comfortable with my carbs that low I will bring them up until I feel better.

I've been a member here for over 4 years but I'm more of a lurker than a poster. We do celebrate Christmas here, we had ours early because I work both Christmas eve and Christmas day.

Merry Christmas,

Racquel