View Single Post
  #146   ^
Old Fri, May-24-19, 14:20
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I've been waiting for my official CAC calcium score results for a week. When I had the first scan done two years ago I was in my PCP's office for a two time slot visit two days after the test and meeting with a cardiologist the day after that. This time around... silence.... until a few minutes ago, anyway. Apparently my doctor didn't know what to do with the results so she sent them on to the cardiologist whom I'd only seen that one time. It was cardiologist who called me today to give my my official results and consultation.

So it's official. My Agatston score is 158 - down from 347 a little more than two years ago. I dropped from the 91st percentile for my age to the 75th. So 158 is still not a great score, but it is better than 347!

The conversation with the cardiologist was brief. He started off by saying "Calcium scores usually don't go down. Your score went down." I gathered that he didn't know what to make of it any more than my PCP. He didn't offer any explanation. He did ask me a few questions in an attempt to remember who I was. He didn't ask anything about what I had been doing since that first test, so I volunteered. I told him that I eat LCHF everyday, exercise, and provided the short list of supplements that I take. IMO he was remarkably disinterested in the lifestyle information that I offered. So I pressed him for more details from the report. He seemed in a rush to move on, so he offered to post a copy in my patient portal. That was the end of the 5 minute consultation. I expected more. But at least I have a printed copy of my report. I look forward to comparing the two reports when I get home tonight.

FYI: I did send Ivor Cummins a message about my unusual results. He hasn't responded. He probably thinks I'm a joker or a crackpot. Now that I have my follow-up report in-hand, I'll try contacting him again. Dave Feldman did read my CAC scan posts on his LMHR FB page. He asked me to do a write-up/recap of all of this for his Cholesterolcode.com website. I'll do that this weekend.