#7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-21, 08:21

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I had to retrain my stomach to digest food using Betaine HCL.

Yes, I take 2 capsules of Betaine HCL with Pepsin, along with 2 Super Digestive Enzymes, with every meal and it does help. It's going to take a while for it to fully heal, but it's definitely helping. Thanks for posting that article. I'll definitely read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
As we age , the stomach acid becomes weaker for some people.....cant remember where that info came from.

As for one hour....I've read a number of times over the years while trying to time meds on an empty stomachs. Pharmacists say two hours after eating, to take on empty stomach.

I've read that, too, that as we age the stomach acid gets weaker for some people. From an evolutionary point of view, it seems odd, but it's probably a result of the SAD diet rather than an evolutionary change.

Also, good to know about the 2 hours after eating. Thanks for mentioning that!

One more quote. I also found this online, which I believe is a load of crap (no pun intended, or maybe it is!):

Quote:
Red meat is a good source of proteins and fats, which makes it hard to digest. Proteins contained in meat and fish can take up to 3 days (72 hours) to fully digest. The case is different for fruits and vegetables, which are rich in fiber. Fiber-rich foods naturally complete the digestive process within a day.

So, it takes up to 3 days to digest protein, and yet only 24 hours to digest fruits and veggies with fiber (which is by definition non-digestible).

Yeah, right.