View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-18, 12:07

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
New research in rats finds that low-dose treatment with TMAO reduced heart thickening (cardiac fibrosis) and markers of heart failure in an animal model of hypertension

Quote:
"Our study provides new evidence for a potential beneficial effect of a moderate increase in plasma TMAO on pressure-overloaded heart," the research team wrote. The researchers acknowledge that further study is needed to assess the effect of TMAO and TMA on the circulatory system. However, an indirect conclusion from the study could underscore the heart-healthy benefits of following a Mediterranean-style diet rich in fish and vegetables

Drawing conclusions not in evidence.
Study showed decrease in rat already compromised with heart issues. There is nothing about prevention in this study.

If I too could draw conclusions,
I would bet the solvent- extract seed oils are a problem; and the effects of high heat like frying on those oils.

As for the beef-- And if it linked to beef, then I would want to see grass fed versus grain fed in the study. There was no beef in the above study. ( or did I miss that?)