View Single Post
  #178   ^
Old Thu, May-30-19, 08:54
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I'd never been one to take supplements, other than popping down a multivitamin here and there. Not until that CAC scan 2 years ago, anyway. After that bad news I've made "heart healthy" nutrition a priority. Figuring out what is "heart healthy" is the trick. What I landed on appears to be working for me.

Since 2017 I have been religious about getting my daily D3, magnesium, and K2 (which I first heard about in this very thread). I also get some sun for natural vitamin D. I've added Gouda & Brie, free range eggs, and more fermented foods to my regular food rotation to get more K2 from food. I eat more sardines, mackerel, and wild salmon for the Omega 3 fish oil. I'm religious about moving every day (15,500 steps on average). In the past year regular cardio has worked its into my lifestyle a few times a week. I eat more fiber than most other low carbers - including plenty of soluble fiber. And of course, I am rock solid in my LCHF and sometimes VLC/Keto WOE.

Somewhere in there is the key - as it applies to me, anyway. YMMV. Maybe its a combination of things. I'm sure that there are other things that I could be doing that would make me better still. It's hard to know for sure. I don't plan on changing much of anything. I'm sticking with this regimen for the foreseeable future.