View Single Post
  #103   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-16, 10:43

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 205/181.8/145 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
GRB5111 said: I may eat fewer calories by being LCHFKD, but it's not forced or voluntary, it just happens.

Quote:
From the Q&A to Dr. Fung in the subscription section of dietdoctor.com QUESTION: When an intermittent fast is complete (say after 16 to 20 hours) , does one then consume that day’s entire allocated macros for dinner? As an example, after a 20 hour intermittent fast would a person then consume a dinner of 1200 calories in the “standard” LCHF ratios of ~5% carbs, ~20% protein, and ~75% fats? Or should the gross number of dinner calories be ratcheted down? (remainder snipped)

Dr. Fung response: I don’t recommend counting calories. After the fast, I would try to eat as normally as possible. That would be your usual dinner but perhaps a slightly larger portion of it.

Remember that protein intake on a fasting day will be much lower than normal. On your eating day, you can simply make up for it by taking higher dose, although most people eat at least 3-4x as much protein than what is needed for normal health.

I think these 2 things mostly answer my questions.

If I have heard/read the material on Dr. Fung's site correctly, then the answer to my 2nd question is: it shouldn't matter because the body acts as it's own thermometer, and the benefits of the LCHF plus the IF puts you in a metabolic situation that is very different than just plain CRaP (long term calorie reduction).

Thanks for your help in answering my questions.