View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-16, 09:59
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Today was another walk day. The pattern of one hard jogging workout with two days of walking in between seems to be a good one. This ole body does not recover as quickly as once did.

Walked for 1 hour 45 minutes at 3.6 mph

Distance: 6.5 miles (just over 10K)

Like yesterday it started off a little slower and finished a little faster.

--------------------------------

I've worked out the training schedule between now and race day.

Monday March 28 - Jog the cross country trail for as long as I can take it and then walk to warm down. One last muscle building workout.

Two recover days just walking

Thursday March 31 - Try and run a full 10K at the track

Two recover days just walking

Sunday April 3 - Run a full 10K at the track (no try this time).

One recover day of walking only

Tuesday April 5 - Jog on a paved surface for 2 to 3 miles to get the body used to the surface I'll be running on in the 10K.

Rest until race day. Walking only and less of that on the Friday before the race.

Saturday April 9 - The big day.

I am still trying to work out how I should eat during days preceding the race. Low carb + distance running can be a nasty topic on the web as I have found out. Most runners 'carb up' and are very anti-low carb when it come to running.

As I am a fat adapted jogger I'm thinking 3000 to 3500 calories the day before the race with extra medium chained fats (Coconut oil) would be a good start. I've found that when I have a big calorie day, I have lots of energy and I am not as hungry the next day. That would be a good thing on race day.

--------------------------------