View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 16:10

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Thumbs up

One thing I have to really watch out for at Chinese restaurants is MSG. I am very allergic to it. I found that once, on this diet, I am even more allergic to it than before. I have asked, "Do you use MSG?" The answer is always, "Oh, NO!" Lies, lies, lies...The last time I went to a CR I said, "Please don't put MSG in the food. I am very allergic to it and I might have an anaphalactic reaction, which means I might keel over and go belly up on your floor." The stock answer came back, "Oh, we will make sure that the cook doesn't put it in, even though we don't use it." LIES! LIES! LIES! Result, I don't go to CR's any more. Besides, they fry everything in soy, palm, or hydrogenated oils...phooey! Bad! Full of lectins that make us all sick! Even thier "steamed" stuff usually has oil added to it, or some strange Oriental "sauce." Going out to eat is actually quite easy. I just ask for a big salad with olive oil and lemon on the side, steamed fish, or shell fish, or a grilled steak. I drink plenty of water. I've found bar-b-que ribs without the sauce is actually better than with the sauce. Most places will do it the way you want if you ask. They're just happy you aren't asking for a "Vegan" menu!