Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 21:07
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesigh
"Huge signatures have been causing problems for many members with small monitors and low resolution."

With all due respect, it is 2004. Other than some members who may be using wireless Palm devices to access the forums here, I'd be hard pressed to believe that there are many members for whom a larger sized signature would present an issue. Perhaps you could start a poll to determine how many members are actually affected by large signatures, and if the numbers justify it, enforce signature size limits. Just my opinion.

Mike

Actually, I'm using 1600x1200 resolution, and still encounter signatures that will require me to scroll sideways to read a thread!

The new size is essentially 120 pixels in height (that's double the height of regular banner), and the width is set to 100% of the width of the browser.

So the 300 pixels width is not enforced, it just recommended. If you post a 1000 pixels wide signature, it will be seen fully on wide displays, but it will be trimmed for those on a low resolution display.

This should be more than enough signature space, and ensures there's no more need to scroll sideways to read a thread, regardless of the browser.

Wa'il