View Single Post
  #144   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-19, 10:17

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Yes, it is easy for long-timers like me to forget how strenuous Dr. Atkins's "induction" plan felt at first, and how hopeful I was for magical results.

Now, I find that my mind tends to dwell more on the disappointment of not maintaining my "goal" weight (as of twelve years ago) rather than the triumph of never, ever returning to my highest weight at the beginning (almost twenty years ago). The body really does have its own program, and there's only a certain amount of intervention that's humanely sustainable.

The WOE, as we call it, becomes natural and easy. But the health benefits (and they are many!) which include things that didn't happen are harder to measure than weight goals or body size and shape wishes.

At 72, I attend many funerals, pray for others' surgeries involving body part replacements, grieve with friends standing by as dementia seizes their loved ones, and thank whatever gods may be for my dumb luck so far.

I like the civilized and informative conversation here, assisted by subscriber contributions (with that wonderful "no ads" benefit!) I subscribe to DietDoctor which seems able to continue its site without ads or products.

And I hope a few "beginners" will find their way to a healthier lifestyle.