View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 11:37
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I tried drinking vinegar to lower my blood sugar. YMMV, as others have said, but it didn't do a thing for me. And, I drank 1-2 T of vinegar for months on end with meals (when at home) and at night-time in an attempt to counter the dawn phenomenon. I'd stop occasionally and I never saw any blood sugar difference that I could attribute to vinegar.

About a month ago, I gave it up. I decided that it wasn't helping and there was no need to put myself through it anymore. I never acquired a taste for the vinegar. I originally diluted it with about a cup of water and drank that, but dilution didn't really take the edge off of the taste and just prolonged the agony. For me, 1-2 T of neat vinegar in a straight shoot as fast as possible was the most palatable. Holding my nose helped, too. I'd try not to get it on my teeth and I'd follow up the vinegar with a glass of pure water to rinse my teeth. This was to avoid having the acetic acid erode tooth enamel.

As I said, I never acquired a taste for the vinegar, but I did find Bragg Raw Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (bought at my local health food store) to be less ghastly than cheaper store bought vinegar.