View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 07:34

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi

I haven't posted to the CAD section for awhile. At the begining of summer I switched from CAD to the IR diet. I had done CAD for over 3 years.

GrlyGrl, Welcome to CAD. CAD is such a livable program and I think you will find it very easy to stick with. In answer to your question about the carbs, it should be a total of 4 carbs per CM meal. The Heller's do not count net carbs. Make your CM's pretty simple. Just make it protein and veggies. That way there you know you won't go wrong. Also in your book is a list of CM friendly foods. The rule of thumb here is if it isn't on the list just assume that you can't eat it. Good luck and if you have any other questions just ask them.

Redwood, You are not allowed to eat more then 4 times a day. You can't eat protein and veggies anytime that you feel like it. You are allowed to have 2 CM's a day, and your RM once a day, plus one snack which should be protein and veggies if you feel that you need one. The RM is not quarters, but should be divided in 3rds. You should always start your meal off with a nice big salad, with your choice of salad dressing, and then have 1/3 protein, 1/3 LC veggies, and 1/3 carbs. The carb can be your choice of anything you want it to be. You can go back for more carbs, but you also have to have more protein and LC veggies in equal amounts. This RM must also be consumed within 60 minutes.

Hope this helps.