Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 07:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/My Own
Stats: 97/83/68
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi again everyone

Thanks for the support. Just a lil update:

I went to see the plastic surgeon last Tuesday, and he was very nice and easy to talk to. I went armed with a list of questions but decided to let him do all the talking first because I was sure he'd answer many of them in his 'usual spiel' - which he did.

He does plastic, reconstructive and micro-surgery. He is especially well known for hand surgery which I find reassuring because it means he's a 'surgeon of precision'. He showed me some before and after pictures, particularly of women of similar breast size to me, which I found reassuring. I had no idea how common this procedure is around Perth. He himself does about one reduction procedure each fortnight for private patients, and has about 50 patients on his waiting list at one of the large public hospitals (and, unfortunately, they may never receive treatment - other more urgent plastic surgery cases arrive in public hospitals all the time so he never gets very far down his waiting list - thank goodness I have private health cover). He has only heard of about three cases of nipple necrosis (tissue dies off) in Perth - two with the same surgeon who uses a different technique. (It's never happened to him thankfully.)

When it came time for the examination, I was VERY GLAD INDEED that his hands were not cold!! I was quite nervous about this part. I'm not really used to have my breasts 'manhandled' (I'm a single gal!!) and I wasn't sure if I'd get all embarrassed and blushy and sweaty, but it was fine. I guess I just switched all that stuff off because it's a medical thing - a bit like having a pap smear, I told myself.

Still geared for May. That's the best time workwise, and also by then my cat will be old enough to have been desexed and go into a cattery for a few days. I should also have lost a few more kgs by then

Rebecca
Sponsored Links