#12   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-12, 23:09

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa

And in terms of HRT and blood thinners...for someone like yourself who is already at risk for blood clots, hormone replacement is probably a NO because there is an increase risk of blood clots with exogenous (outside) hormone therapy. And just so you know, don't buy into the hype that you can take "natural" things like herbs and supplements...remember...if they mimic estrogen they will have the same type of effect on clotting.

Thank you for your response, Lisa. I wasn't really concerned with the whole menopot phenomenon. I think it is normal and natural for women to become more rounded and as you said, my man likes it!

My concern has been about the emotional aspects and whether the "conventional" advice I've been given is true. I'm worried that I'll turn into a raging b*$%~ without HRT's. And I wondered if the advice about peeps on warfarin not taking them was similar to the conventional wisdom about eating whole grains.

I guess I will have to experience menopause the way my ancestors did - with no drug therapy. We'll see how that goes....