View Single Post
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 09:20

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I finally get to eat the way I think is healthy and makes me feel good - that's the biggest one; having confidence about food choices. I have lost 55 pounds but I was always in OK shape - could walk long distances, did construction on our house, run for the train without losing my breath if I needed to, etc. I mostly just feel thinner, although some days I don't feel like I've lost weight at all because I am still fairly big.

My hormonal swings are much more in control, I am less angry and annoyed but I still need to work on that alot (I have 3 toddlers). My body was hijacked by 5 pregnancies in 4 years so not being pregnant feels like the bigger change to me than the weight loss (my youngest is 8 months). I have no gastro pain from grains anymore and no reflux which I had very mildly.

I think the big change will come when I lose 50 more pounds. My body, unfortunately. does not change that quickly with weight loss; I have only lost 2 sizes in 55 pounds, for example. Even when I weighed 160 in high school I still had to shop plus size, so I don't know if I will ever get to shop at normal stores, but I am looking forward to it if it comes. My weight runs with the sizes, so at 130 in grade school, I was a size 13/14, at 180 an 18, now at 229 a 22/24. I wish I had more to look forward to in this department.

Janine