#8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-20, 18:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 328/266.8/230 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Mike, this is kind of off-the-wall, and counts as questionable advice from a stranger. But...

I've just reconnected with one of Dr. Atkins's early books--1998--called The Vita-Nutrient Solution. Part of his shtick was using supplementation to boost the body's own healing properties nutritionally.

I don't know what psoriatic arthritis is, but I bet you've tried everything the doctor(s) have ordered so far. Couldn't hurt to look into what Dr. Atkins had to say. He was almost criminalized for advocating low-carbohydrate diets, and died before they became almost mainstream. Might be method in his nutritional "madness" as well.

Hoping the best for you.

I think I may have that book, I'll have to check. I've tried supplements, currently take a multi vitamin, Mega Red Krill oil and biotin.

Psoriatic arthritis is kinda like rheumatoid arthritis except it can affect the tendons and eyes in addition to bones and joints. It sometimes doesn't affect the same joints on both sides of the body like rheumatoid arthritis usually does. Psoriatic arthritis can also cause back pain and stiffness and silver looking scales or skin patches. Fortunately I take Humira and it keeps my skin at bay and helps my arthritis, probably 90% better than without taking it.

I really need to find the low carb / low inflammation foods.

Thank you