View Single Post
  #107   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 12:10
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I know the first week of induction I made all kinds of mistakes. It's a wonder I lost weight at all. I'm taking this WOL as a learning experience though and a work in progress. I have learned a ton of things about my body and have drasticaly changed my eating habits from when I first started LC.

1. I'm lactose intolerent. I thought this just ment putting up with gas and diareah. After cutting out dairy though my weight loss did much better. I was also probably eating way to much cream as I have always loved rich creamy things.

2. I probably have candidia. I havn't been to a doctor to test for sure. I started eating as Dr. A recomended for candidia cutting out cheese, mushrooms, and adding yogurt ect. Not only did it help weight loss, but I noticed that most of my acid reflux was triggered by no-no foods for yeast.

3. Thinking I had to eat less vegggies. I was trying to add more veggies into my diet pre LC, then when I went LC I would only occasionaly have them. I notived with the dairy gone though I had a ton of left over allowed carbs. I started finding creative ways to add veggies to almost every meal.

4. Thinking I didn't like certain foods. My tastes have changed so extreamly that things I used to love now turn my stomach and things I thought I disliked now taste great. Sweet bell peppers now taste really sweet, avacados are a treat, and I've been experimenting and learning new ways to cook many foods.

5. Any diet is expencive to follow. When I first started LC I bought all kinds of lc products and specialty items. I have barely touched them. Now I buy mostly produce and some meats/fish what ever is on sale. My soy milkj and yogurt are about the only 'treats'. I now leave the store with a few days worth of meals for under $20.