#18   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-21, 03:04

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
I had the same experience especially after eliminating all grains and seed oils. I often wonder what the commonly prescribed and over-the-counter PPIs are doing to people long term. I don't care to find out first hand.

Quote:
Why Popular Heartburn Drugs PPIs Are Linked to Premature Deaths

At last count, doctors wrote over 100 million prescriptions for drugs like dexlansoprazole (Dexilent), esomeprazole (Nexium), lansoprazole (Prevacid), omeprazole (Prilosec), pantoprazole (Protonix) and rabeprazole (Aciphex). Such drugs have been mainstays for treating heartburn, GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) and ulcers.

Initially, doctors thought these drugs had minimal side effects. The FDA considered PPIs so safe that it approved drugs like Prilosec, Prevacid and Nexium for over-the-counter sale. But researchers continue [to] ask whether PPIs are linked to premature deaths from a range of conditions.

I have to admit, as skeptical as I am, I didn't expect this stark a headline.

Quote:
Red warning flags have been flying over PPIs for years.

Researchers in St. Louis introduced their latest study in BMJ (May 30, 2019) this way:

“Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are widely used either as prescription or over-the-counter drugs. Several studies suggest that taking PPIs is associated with a number of serious adverse events including cardiovascular disease, acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease, dementia, pneumonia, gastric cancer, Clostridium difficile infections, and osteoporotic fractures. Some of these adverse events are associated with an increased risk of death.”

I should write a book: Over The Counter DEATH.