View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-19, 07:29

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%
Default Struggling with cravings? How I fixed mine.

Cravings are monsters. The only way to make them go away is to not feed them.

This doesn't mean we can't come up with low carb substitutes which satisfy. I have recipes for Mock Mac 'n' Cheese and Spinach Lasagna which hit the spot when I want these favorites. Just check this site's Recipe Section for lots of great ideas.

What it does mean is recognizing that "moderation" is not going to work. And there is a limit to substitutions. Some things we must bid goodbye Forever.

There's the snag. We often have such overwhelming emotional responses to "never having X again!" that we avoid really confronting it, stop thinking, and sabotage ourselves. This is especially common if we have used our comfort foods as a coping skill (raises hand) in the past.

I discovered that paring my carb intake down to 50 carbs a day, my way of starting Atkins, did wonders. I was happy and slim that way for years. But health issues, unrelated to low carbing, threw me off. Under stress, we can backslide.

I’m back on track now by going Very Low Carb, what is known as ketosis, for its healing properties. An unexpected bonus is ZERO cravings. None.

Not that I couldn’t handle them and/or find a way to satisfy them before. I had taken care of the emotional issues, then, with low carbing, took care of the physical issues. Either one can make us prowl the kitchen with that nagging feeling.

Now, I eat a delightful meal, really enjoy it, and then I don’t think about food for hours and hours. I’m not giving up anything.

I’m getting a lot.
Sponsored Links