View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Sep-12-10, 11:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/160/135 Female 5"5"
BF:
Progress:

VegGrrl; First I'm sorry. I have to get some good info out there about it.
It honestly healed me, and thousands of others. The support group is full of the beginners the once you are done, you leave the support group and go on with a new life. Many check in every year or 5 years to say "hello" and what wonderful things they are doing in their lives now.

It's all newbies on the on-line group (I was one too and was angry and felt stupid for doing it once upon a time) I think everyone or most, doubt it will work until they get that first GREAT day.
I'm still trying to figure out where your great day went. And who told you to give up any meds you needed or wanted to keep. That was not right for them to do to anyone.

I am trying to balance out your post of it being a scam, of it not working at all. And I'm still confused why it did not work for you, especially since your maps were looking good. I would've asked you to continue at the lowest dose that still makes your maps progress AND would've given you a super strong pain med. Or Lidocane patches or ANYTHING to make you comfortable until you were 99% clear on your map. And even then it's up to you to taper off of whatever you want to, When your time is right.

And from what you said about the old Doc did seem too strict and painful, and that's not how I would've imagined him to be: putting you in pain with no Rx pain relief. I never got to meet him and I just assumed he'd be the best at it as his success rate is 90%.

I attend Fibro conferences and Gaui speeches and meet tons of old gals who are climbing mountains!
There were many people who quietly here who said it works. But are just not as loud as us. lol.

Please allow me change me mind about the some details. I do not have fog, I have a bigger problem. It's that's I know it healed me and am in total disbelief when I find anyone for whom it did not work, given the map getting better. If you'd have left out the "map getting better" part I may not have flown off the handle, sorry. I'm backing off. I'm backing off confused and angry that it didn't work...and it is still going to haunt me, not knowing why. My head is spinning with 100 ideas that couldn've gone wrong. But you are just a paragraph in the wind of the Internet. So not being able to do anything about it kills me. I actually was prepared to call Claudia to see if she (hypothetically) would tell me anything about a person with your story and what she would say. What did they tell you? Oh I don't even need to ask. Lemme guess: they were happy about your mapping results and told you it will just take you more time and maybe the slow-responder speech, etc, Right?

My gut reaction to your warning of BEWARE OF GUAI hit me so hard I went off the rails. So I'm looking back and changing my tune to make up for that. I'm sorry, but I'm more sorry that I can't take you to my doc and find out why.

My first posts were too Drill Sargent and just mean. And so I'm thinking of ways to be totally honest and trying NOT to sound like I'm one of the groupies. I'm trying to find some sort of compromise so that others will not just walk away due to your results and that of your friends.

I can understand and let go of a strong reaction when people just say, "it didn't work." Then I have always found out the reason why, when I dig deeper. But you are the first person I've heard of who was technically getting better but never felt better. Even for one day!

I have such confusion and anger about your results and have this searing need to know why. I don't expect you to answer any more questions. I know, you've moved on. OK. But you should know that it is because of you that I am so confused and would love to be able to walk in your shoes and see if I could find any reason for your outcome. 99% of my anger is FOR you not AT you, the only 1% is because of the all caps on the title of the thread "BEWARE OF GUAIFENISEN."

Since I know it's not a scam, and there are ten of thousands of people who HAVE their lives back. And if you went a year, and she went even longer, with both maps showing improvement I have never heard of that, unless there honestly is a "slow-responder" problem, and there just cannot be with the both of you. I can't accept that.
So I am angry. I am angry that it didn't work for you when everything else sounds almost perfect. Except for going off of any Rx meds. Could you have made it another year, had you not given them up.?
Don't bother to answer. I know you don't want to get bombarded with my questions. I'm just saying this is what is spinning in my mind. I'm still thinking of excuses like: when did your Fibro really hit hard and how may years was that from the day you started guai? Did you do the calculation of the "2 months for every year" thing and what number of years did that show?
(I don't go back to the date when you got Fibro and didn't realize it, since It seems we all look back and find things in childhood, like mine was anxiety. So yeah, I had it forever, but I still believe the calculation should go back only to the date you dropped dead from it. That calculation worked for me and my Fibro friends.)

You are my riddle. I love a good riddle. I have a disability alright: it's wanting to know why it didn't work for you and getting to the answer and trying to help. But unless your calculation was never done or it did show you'd be cleared in a couple years, then....well...there's the riddle. You should've had at least one GREAT DAY during that time.

OK I will give up and let you go with my apologies, but please let other's try it. It does work. And know I will never forget you as you have blown my mind as someone who did it all right and it still did not work.

Well the good news is that LCing and getting your sleep will make life a ton better. I know when I began Atkins so many of my Fibro symptoms were helped. And to find a way to sleep for 7 hours a night is another big batch of symptoms down the drain.

Developing a perfect sleep ritual for yourself (I know you know all this, so I'm just adding this to help others) If you cannot get 7 hours of sleep every night, you will always be sick. It takes all sorts of forms: baths (yuck, wet hair) Or melatonin, tryptophan, Vallerian root, etc. even a tranquilizer or sleeping pill should be considered. Even Seroquel (the old version) stops a 'bout of insomnia with the first pill. But keep taking it every night will make you fat, so it's only for insomnia use for me.

The diet and the sleep to me were 2/3rds of the answer when I was still sick, and Guai then fixed all of it in time and then you can cheat, you can stay up late, you can eat a cupcake, no more low blood sugar problems. etc. But of course Atkins and LC, etc. are always a better way of eating just in general.

As per fans...no I don't expect any. But I'd rather be hated than have them not at least get some more info about the protocol than was here. I hadn't planned to stick around, I just had to tell my story of it working. And as much of what my experience was. Love, hate, ok. whatever. I still love you.