View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-10, 07:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/160/135 Female 5"5"
BF:
Progress:
Default Re: When was it first prescribed

The Dr. has been refining the Protocol for 50 years. The first dose was a different drug with the same effect and he was the first to begin giving it to his patients 50 years ago. And back THEN they said it was REALLY awful, but it still did the job.
You just gotta read the book to understand your question too, sorry, 'cause the story itself is sooo long.
He began with a discovery about a gout medication and then over the next 40 years ended up using Gauifenisen as it works as well without the horrible side effects of the gout med. Which is funny because IT STILL HURTS like the devil's elixer...for a while.
It is not usually prescribed because of how painful it is. Even though many many docs know it works and take it themselves.
So the only way you can get a doc to work with you is to read the book, go to the website, find a doc, or google one who uses Gaui in their treatment.
My own Doc is known as the best Fibro Doc in Chicago, and he quietly advertises on the website that he will help patients through the protocol. He will never just come out and suggest it.
After I found him on the Fibro site, I walked in, slammed my book down and said: "I'm ready!"
Then he makes sure you understand what you are in for:an increase in your symptoms, and he asks if you've prepared your home and family, etc.

You get good days in a few months, and not every day is hell. Within a few months you get your first GREAT day and that is the day you stop doubting it. Up until that day you actually DO feel like a fool for doing this crazy thing.

If I were a doctor I would not prescribe this either. It takes a certain type of patient. The doctor will not hold your hand through it. He is only there to confirm the progress of the treatment by checking these lumps and them shrinking. He may suggest when to stop upping your dose, but by then, you know when and how much pain you can handle and most up their dose once they know it's working. And then there is me, who ups her dose to crazy levels to get the hell out of hell asap.

To put a patient through this without them fully understanding and accepting every part in that book: which explains ridding your home of products that counter-act the med, and diet (low carb, of course) and talking to your family about helping out, etc. would be a cluster-f*ck of ticked off people. And there are these ticked off people who didn't understand what they were in for, and that's why you see people who warn you against this.

I'm "cleared" and am just simply better than I've been even before the Fibro grounded me to my bed for 2 years. I can now run further than I have in my whole life. I balled my eyes out when it was over I was filled with such gratitude.

The doctors that PROactively prescribe it are crazy. The patient HAS to lead the way and take time to digest all that it entails and be prepared for it. Meaning read the book! And it takes a month or more to prepare your home and life before you swallow that first pill.

Docs can't and shouldn't mention it. It would be like a doc hooking you up to a chemo bag and radiation not telling you anything and walking away. Only patients who are strong and ready and prepared for it are the ones that the doctors open their arms for. The patient has to take the lead.

It takes the whole book to prep you for what is to come. It would take a doctor about 8 hours to prep you for this treatment. Hence, again...the book. And still you'd hate them for doing this horrible thing to you. So why should they put themselves in that position?

And my opinion is still that, just as cancer treatments, you need time to BE sickly. I do not believe you can work and do this at the same time..I just don't.

The Dr. disagrees with me, but he hasn't gone through the UGH part in decades. Me thinks he forgot how UGH you feel some days or on the days it's time to raise your dose.
Buts it's like labor pain that you forget once it is over.

But when you open your eyes in the morning on an UGH day, the first thing you want to know is "Did anyone see the plate number on the bus that hit me in my sleep?" Yes it's funny.
And the online group keeps you going and makes your poor body laugh, and if you are a very strong person honestly wanting to feel free of Fibro this is the only door out today.

So it's been prescribed in some fashion for about 40 years, but until he began lecturing and finally writing the book, it was mostly just an idea being spread in conferences. Now, we have the book and the meds and all the tools we need to do it ourselves. And most docs just laugh it off.
I mean seriously, I did. I laughed my butt off when I learned about it. But did it anyway and now I'm out, I'm free. It's all over. Fibro is dust in the wind.

And his theory about why it works is wrong. He admits that. But have you ever read the fine print on all your meds? It almost always has a sentence in it that states: We don't fully understand the reason for the action of the blagh blagh, but we suspect it is due to blagh blagh. My Dad was a drug chemist.

Do not even look into this if you are a weak person, or are not determined enough to go through with it. It takes a certain type of patient to make it through to the other side. Not just anyone has the guts and determination to do it. The doctor ain't gonna hold your hand. All he's gonna do is help you get through it with whatever Rx meds you need to keep you comfortable.

If you go to the DR. who developed it, he is just too strict about what you should and should not eat, drink or what Rx meds you can take. Poo. Take anything you need to make it through, is my motto and is how I help others, individually, make it through to the other side. I play medical advocate for those wanting to try it. After they read the book, I help them with products, which guai to buy, depending on their pocketbook. We'd all love to use Mucinex, but that's just too expensive. There is nothing wrong with the compounded pharmacy Gaui from the Marina Del Rey Pharmacy in CA, but Adams Lab/Mucinex only allows the use of their patent for this pharmacy only, due to the outcry of the thousands who cannot afford to use Mucinex. Regular short-acting Gaui you see in Walmart, etc. Is NOT the guai you need. You must have the patented one that is long-acting, or you will waste even more time and money.

Another reason Dr.'s don't prescribe guai is because too many people just cannot handle the Protocol and work at the same time. My doc used to be so excited about it when he went to the clinic to learn how to do this lump-mapping thing and all success the Dr. had, he went home and did prescribe it. But he quit since he only had a 20% success rate. NOT that it only works 20% of the time, but that the patients quits when it gets to be too much to handle.

Or the really stupid patients, those who won't give up sugar to do it. There are people out their just like this. Doctors have about a 10% chance of success when asking a patient to lose weight or exercise, or even less with quitting smoking....do ya really think patients are gonna stick to this protocol? nope.

Many doctor's information about it is also 20 years old and they don't even know that it is supposed to get worse before you get better. They do not know about avoiding certain chemicals either. That's a huge horrible thing I'm trying to teach one doc at a time. The doctors must keep up with the new discoveries as they are made if they ever want to prescribe it proactively.

This treatment didn't just fall out of a lab perfect. It took 40 years of testing to get it to where it is now.

I went to a Fibro seminar where they praised Gaui, but admitted it is too difficult and what chemicals the patient must give up: plant-based stuff like aloe will stop the med from working.
A lady at my table said: "Oh hell, no, I ain't giving up my favorite lipstick with aloe for a different one. I love this lipstick!
This is the type of patient that should not be prescribed guai. She will just cheat and the meds won't work and it's a waste of time and money to fight a patient over their precious lipstick.

Some people love their Fibro and love to b]tch about it all day long. That's their job to them.
What would these people do if they no longer had Fibro to crab about all day? My Mom is this way. She is honesty scared if her Fibro vanished. She's never known a life without it. She fears, they will take away her Xanex if she is healed. To her, sick is normal. She is not a good candidate.
"No, mom, you can keep all your pills, nobody is gonna take them away." Still she won't even consider it. She says she is fine with her treatment regime of Xanex and alcohol.

So lemme ask back: When did doctor's first begin to prescribe exercise and diet for patients? How well is that working? The percentage is WAAAAY lower than the Guaifenisen Protocol. And it doesn't even hurt!