View Single Post
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-08, 14:21

Plan: none
Stats: 178/178/140 Female 5' 6
BF:
Progress:

Hey Ellen, just wondering if you are still around. I am pulling up this old thread as I was looking for information on scalp problems. I have a serious condition as I see it. The Dr. diagnosed Seborrheic Dermatitis, but it's been a couple of years and it's getting worse lately. I have done a lot of research and decided to drop all the shampoos he prescribed me and stop coloring my hair (he told me it was ok to continue doing so). I think I may have saturated myself with those and the ingredients of shampoos, I may be allergic to them after all. I am just giving this a try to see how it goes, I have nothing to loose, as I am already losing a lot of hair. So I went I got myself some essential oils and natural shampoos to start with, although there are so many articles to go with and so many different opinions on this, I just needed to start somehow. I was looking at your coconut oil suggestion, but was unable to find this here. What kind do I need to look for? And what type of shampoo do you use or recommend using at this point?

I notice that I just have a problem basically on my front top of my head, that is where it is very red and itches and burns. The rest of my scalp seems to be fine although I do have oily scalp all over. I am thinking maybe haircolor did this to me and everything else thereafter has only made it worse including the prescription shampoos that are so harsh.