#10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-19, 11:52

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrracing
Add in fasting down the road and you will be so surprised. Keep at it.

Too late. :P

Someone gave me tea with grain in it. As part of a Zen meditation ceremony, so it wasn't like I could ask before hand... And my blood sugar (BG) spiked, and stayed up. (diabetes diagnosis as of November, no meds)

So I did a 60-hour fast. Since then? My BG levels have all been double-digits, which is ideal. (They'd been going as high as the occasional 140 after meals, before that.) Amazing what a couple days with nothing to fuel my body except my own fatty liver will do!

I feel slightly amused, because yesterday was a big "hunger" day for me. Starving at lunch, and my BG was low, so I ate. (It wasn't pretty... on the run, so grabbed a Whopper, no ketchup add mayo, and ate it out of the bun while driving.) Was starving again, come dinner time... The aforementioned pork-fat-and-collard-greens alongside some steak, with seconds on the steak (because it felt like that's what I "needed").

My husband has jumped on the bandwagon, too. Not intensely, like me, actively trying to drop, but more trying a "Low-carb, Lite" version of things. (For example, if he is visiting a friend and they feed him, he'll accept foods I'll politely decline.) As we went to bed last night, I was kind of marveling out loud. "Dinner was so good. Loved how crispy the pork fat cooked up, and the collards tasted so good in it.... 'Diet food', ain't we deprived!"

Of course, I've been hitting the gym in a strength-training way, so my body may well need protein right now. (Based on me needing seconds on the steak.) *shrugs*