View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-18, 10:15

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

Re: my hubby...

Yes, I'll admit I married well. *chuckles* I know just how lucky I am.

And part of my "lucky" is that the LAST time I was on LC (from roughly 2011-2013 or so), he was 100% on-board and backing me.... because he saw what a difference it made. (He even joined me for a while, but has trouble with his soda addiction, among other things.)

He loves his potatoes and starches, but makes them as side-dishes.

My daughter is 11. She is a pre-professional ballet student, so has THAT kind of body -- all long, and lean. The one dish she's super-good at making from scratch is "Tuna-noodle casserole"... Which is a stove-top dish of.... basically a variation on noodles-alfredo (from scratch) with tuna mixed in for some protein. (Plenty of fat in the sauce, already). (May not be the over-all healthiest thing, but we've always fought to get fats & proteins into her, and this has a lot of both... and she'll eat it because she makes it.) She's young for her age, and doesn't always "get it" when someone can't eat something she's made... So it takes a little prep-time for her.

Hubby's birthday was Thursday. We had steaks, mushrooms, broccoli, riced cauli with cheese-sauce... and they had potatos & "noodles" (the above dish minus tuna). Bought & served a key lime pie, and nibbled on the remains of steak on my plate while everyone else indulged. Wasn't tempted, didn't even lick my fingers when I served.