View Single Post
  #157   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-19, 14:57

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Hello. My name is Molly. I'm 51, and this is Day 2 of the SBD for me. Don't know if anyone will even read this. But I have to hold myself accountable, and this board, and the amazing people here, helped me so much in the past. So I'm back.

I have a little over 100 lbs to lose. Currently, I'm 271 at 5'4". I had surgery on my right foot in March, non-weight-bearing recovery for the first 3 months, in a hard cast, then boot, on a knee scooter, for total of 6 months. The swelling has not gone down-- my dr. said it would easily take up to one year. It's 8 months now, and my foot is doing great! I will have to have the same surgery soon on my left foot. The thing is, I sat around a LOT and ate TONS. I'm legally blind, so I'm 100% disabled, and do not work or have a career. So I had the luxury of sitting on my butt and feeling sorry for myself, bored out of my mind, and so what did I do? I ate. And ate. AND ATE. I easily put on 70 lbs this past year.

One hundred pounds is my goal, to lose, but more would be great too.

A week ago, I sustained a horrible back injury when I tore my L5-S1 lumbar disc and it leaked out, pushing on my sciatic nerve and spinal cord. I was HOWLING and CRYING in pain and I saw my primary dr., got steroid shot, steroids to take by mouth, etc., but none helped. Two days later I was in the ER. They did an x-ray and said I have so many things wrong in my lumbar that they were not sure which is the problem. (I have torn my L4-L5 and L5-S1 in the past, where they leaked out then too. I need a spinal fusion, but I freaked out and that is the first time I tried the SBD. I lost 69lbs in six months! No exercise!) I didn't want that spinal fusion surgery with hardware, so I lost weight. I guess that was in 2012 or so.

So here I am again, a ruptured leaking disc, miserable. My entire left leg is numb, yet the pain is shooting all the way down my sciatic nerve, into my toes. It's so painful, it is not funny one bit. I can't hardly walk. My leg is DEAD. My right leg is numb from the knee down, not as bad, and no pain shooting down it, but I am scared.

Scared enough to start the SBD yesterday. Today is Day 2. The batteries in my scale are dead, so I have to get new ones. I just bought a smart watch to help me out-- the FitBit Versa 2. I love it! It helps me keep track of my food intake, calories burned, steps walked, hear rate, all of that good stuff. It is on sale right now for $149, which is $50 off the regular price. I got mine at Amazon and got next day shipping free.

So I am back. It's great to be back. I look forward to meeting you all on here. I will come here every day and post. I've already ran across many of the threads I started years ago, the questions, the answers, the recipes, the bad days/good days.

I'm feeling a little shaky today, but I'm also on mega doses of even more powerful steroids now, as well as Lyrica, and some Tylenol 3. I also had another super dose of steroids in a shot in my butt. My second shot in the rump, and I didn't feel it at ALL because my buttock is totally numb/dead like my right leg. Hmph. That is one benefit of my situation, hahahaha.

Someone please respond. Let me know you are out there. It seems like this board has slowed down sooooooooo much. Where IS everybody??? This was and is the best board out here, so please, someone reach out and say hello. I'm going to need a lot of support from friends here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I truly appreciate it. Feeling good and motivated! I'm GOING to DO THIS! I did it before, so I know I can do it again!