Old Sat, Mar-17-07, 17:46
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Too much attention has been given to the Induction phase, which is so NOT the whole plan. The 1992 edition spells out the four phases very clearly.

So now I need to get the 1992 version?

I got the 1972 version and put it down as it was very confusing for me to read.

I've said this before and will again...there is way too much emphasis on this entire forum of staying on Induction....OWL aka phase II is where we build our food plan to take into maintenance. That is where we try different foods to find out how we react to them...or not!! By the time we get to maintenance or pre-maintenace, most of this needs to be in place.

Years ago before I really got it about my food addictions, I was told to be careful and I did not listen. I was so sure that I could eat a bagel...just one!! But the next day, I had another...just one....next day another.....you get the drift. Before long, my entire plan was gone!!

This time I waited until my plan felt solid beneath me and I was already at goal before I allowed any flour to pass my lips. Its been OK this time as I only allow flour like that once a month...then I'm right back to my food plan. But if I didn't allow that little bit of it once in a while, I know that I'd start to feel deprived and we all know what happens when that feeling comes along!! I'd be binging!!