View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-19, 11:47

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

lol I don't need "tell me what to eat. I already know, and I like playing around & coming up with new favorites.

The goal is LC. If you don't eat carbs, you don't get huge spikes in BG. It's really kinda that simple.

What I loved about Taubes was some of his broader historical perspectives, that threw some light on how we got where we are, today. (Lots of technical information, too, but little of that "stands out" in memory as something new to me.)

What I'm "struggling" with is the technical aspects of diabetes. I'm fairly sure that when my doc gets my results, she'll lose her desire to put me on meds. By medical definitions, I'm well-controlled. (My highest tested BG has been 145. After I was accidentally served a sugared soda, I *remember* testing at 180, but my meter is not backing me up on that. It says 145.) However, they're generally a bit higher than I'd like, especially in the mornings. (I shouldn't be waking up to 135.)

I just added a couple supplements to my routine (cinnamon & bitter melon) to see how they affect things. I've just bought a gym membership, and I need to watch how that affects things, figure out when my best "window" is to use that. (If exercise lowers my BG, I need to do it in the morning when I'm high. If it raises -- which my first visit suggests it may -- I need to go later in the day when my BG is lower.)

I am being frustrated right now with trying to get info on how to best "use" exercise, as so many sites claim, "Oh, you can't exercise on keto/lc". So I'm having to just take my tools and figure it out for myself. (When I was LC, before I was diabetic, I'd eat high-fat before workout, and eat some protein after, to rebuild muscles. As a diabetic, where I have to be more aware of my protein intake and its timing, and aware of what the type of exercise I'm doing does to my BG. (No, I don't think exercise helps lose weight as such. I think it helps my bad knee, however, and I know that long-term exercise helps BG levels, even if it doesn't necessarily lower them short-term) Trying to f