View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-12, 02:49

Plan: dr. Boz Keto Continuum
Stats: 265/226/165 Female 175 centimeters
BF:53/46.8/21
Progress: 39%

Copied from my journal:

For several reasons, not all of them good ones, I've been off training for over a week. Yeah, so, some of it was the gym was closed on some days of Easter, but there was a little shameless skiving involved in there, too.

Yesterday I decided to try a fasted workout, and like an idiot, I didn't deload or cut any reps or sets. On the third set of 5 squats my knees gave out on the last rep, and I sank down onto my knees with 70 kg perched quite securely on my shoulders. It was weird. I just sat there for a moment, to gather my wits, and the bar was so very well balanced on my posterior deltoids that I felt like I could go on just sitting there forever.

I then asked the really buff guy using the smith machine next to the power cage to come help me, please. He ran over and lifted it off my shoulders like it weighed nothing at all. Well, frankly I deadlift more than that, too, but honestly he lifted it like it was a small sack of fluffy feathers...!

I was too shaky to lift any more after that, even presses, so I left after a while. I did go back to the cage and pump out the one lift I missed, though. The bar never gets to win.

Today, I'm starting to get the mother of all DOMS, feels like. And I skinned my right knee a bit. All in all, I can thank my lucky stars my stupidity didn't get me seriously hurt, and I've learned my lesson about fasting and lifting. Namely, this is not the way to do that!