View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-18, 09:55

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Actually, even by the misleading measure used by government, only one in five children were ‘obese’ when they left primary school in 2016/17.

From the article Demi just posted... I remember from personal experience sitting in classrooms where there was maybe one overweight kid. Once in a while two. This in classrooms with 25, maybe 30 kids. Twenty percent of kids leaving primary school obese is still a big increase. That's a high percentage for a general population, never mind just the kids.

I just started working at a Wendy's restaurant a few months ago. Also worked at a Wendy's in the late 80s/early 90s. People are just fatter.

Quote:
Instead, he thinks that ‘one of the key culprits for this enormous rise in obesity and diabetes is sugar and the sugar industry’. Yet it is not at all clear that we’re eating more sugar than in the past, so why are we fat now when we weren’t then?

Government is exaggerating how fat we've gotten. How fat we have gotten, since "sugar" intake hasn't gone up, is evidence that sugar didn't make us fat...

Of course this is nonsense. We are eating more "sugar" than in the 70s--as long as you use an honest definition of the word. The author is using "sugar" to mean sucrose. I'm using it to mean sugar, high fructose corn syrup, honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, "milk solids," etc. It's quite clear that we're (going beyond this forum) eating more sugar, lying liars who lie and the people who believe them say otherwise.