View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 08:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/264/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Yummy Broccoli Pie

Hi everyone! I just made this yummy broccoli pie for breakfast and thought I'd share. According to my calculations, there are only 10 carbs in the WHOLE pie!!!! I've been messing around with a variety of crustless quiche recipes trying to get the numbers down, but most of them still averaged around 3 carbs per slice....which just didn't suit my big appetite! This recipe is inspired by one of my high carb recipes I've been using for years. I always made this for breakfast or brunch when I had house guests.

Preheat over to 350 degrees.

Ingredients:
6 eggs
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup Carb Countdown Dairy Beverage
(I've used Half & Half and SF soy milk with excellent results too and the carbs hardly change)
1 cup of coursely chopped broccoli florets (I prefer little chunks, but the recipe will turn out fine if you put bigger florets in)
1/4 cup of Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (drained)
Salt & pepper - to taste
a pat or 2 of butter to grease the pie plate

I find that the easiest way to start is to mix up the mayo and milk and add the eggs in a couple at a time. If you start with the beaten eggs and then add the mayo you end up with lumpy mayo chunks....not appealing! After the eggs, mayo & milk are all smoothly beaten up, add in the tomatoes, broccoli and spices. Butter a deep dish pie plate (this recipe will puff a little in the oven and fall again as it cools) or you can use a 8x8 square pan. Bake for about 35 minutes.

Stats for a BIG piece of pie (1/4 of the recipe):
275 calories
3.25 carbs
.75 grams of fiber
2.5 net carbs

You can throw 1.5 cups of almost ANYTHING into the eggs with good results. I made one last week with ham, broccoli and cheese. Asparagus and bacon is yummy too!!
Sponsored Links