#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-20, 07:15
Running on Empty

Plan: Lo-carb/low cal
Stats: 313/295.4/150 Female 70 inches
BF:Hibernation
Progress: 11%
Default Not Newton’s Gravity—Relaxed-fit is the new saggy

Well now, after an 18 lb loss (with much more to go) and summer just around the corner, it’s time to think about taking care of my skin. Grabbing what seemed like a huge loose piece of sagging skin around my belly, I was told that the stuffing has been removed—nothing in there to plump up. Ugg!

Skin creams/lotion/oils are now first and foremost as well as possible supplements to snap back this newfound eyesore.

Surfing the internet I found firming lotions to hydrate and tighten skin:

1. Aveeno Positively Ageless Anti-Aging Firming Body Lotion
2. SkinMedica GlyPro Daily Firming Cream
3. Nivea Skin Firming and Toning Gel Cream with Q10 Plus

I’m interested to hear what your experience and thoughts are on the creams/lotions, or oils you find helpful.

And then there’s pills. Not only does my food intake or lack thereof play a significant role in skin health, so may taking supplements. I keep reading that supplements may have benefits for loose skin, including anti-aging and antisagging effects.

I’ve been reading up on Collagen hydrolysate. Many people think that collagen supplements reduce the effects of skin aging by boosting collagen levels. Have any of you had any success with this?

This may be beneficial —> Collagen peptides in the form of an oral supplement may improve:

1. the skin’s moisture barrier by increasing hyaluronic acid levels
2. collagen production, leading to stronger collagen networks
3. the growth of skin fibroblasts — cells that help make connective compounds
wound healing

A study that featured in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology found that individuals who took 10 g of oral collagen peptides in a drink at bedtime experienced improved skin collagen levels and overall structure after 4 weeks. Furthermore, they experienced better skin hydration levels after 8 weeks.

Here’s the link to the article:
Collagen by Pill

I look forward to your experiences and comments.

Sponsored Links