View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-16, 05:21

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Liz, by "older folks" I only meant "not children" where the worry is not growing...we are instead worried about growing sideways.
Dr Fung mentioned 20-30% somewhere in the beginning of the book, and again in his What To Eat section, page 230, Moderate Your Protein. Protein to be 20-30 % of total calories, which isn't all that "moderate" seems normal LC, or any diet, to me.

Then I have Dr Hyman's new book...where he goes on and on about being "pegan", load your plate with veggies, blah, blah..and then recommends 1.5g per Kg of body weight, or 100-120g of protein for average person. His breakfast smoothies don't have added protein powder, so you would need three big protein meals or snacks after that. I haven't gone through the menus with a calculator but his plan is fuzzy too. Same confusion with Dr Fung, if I fast three alternate days, with M-W-F only dinner, I would think it hard to average 100g of protein a day.
I'm going to be like Jean and stop worrying about how much protein, my blood work and everything else. Great weather, walked five miles on the beach yesterday, so I am Zen about wonky tests and my diet.