View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-09, 12:25

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/182.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Hi KelBelle

I never taken a palates class but I think that is probably the closes comparison it is slow movements, it works those muscles really deeply and it changes your body fast. The other thing I love is that you don't have to use any equipment other than your body, in the tape they use a bar but there are lots of ideas for alternatives. I like the original version but there are new versions like Cardio Callanetics, Callanetics Revolution and several for specific areas of the body.
It's an hour session and looks easy until you start doing 100 rep's of the stomach exercises.But the teacher is calm and explains things well also she tells you to go at your own pace and work up to the counter, it is set for intermediate students. It works remarkably well and by the end of the fourth session I can really see a difference in my stomach. It's great if you have lower back issues, there's some amazing stretches in there too.
It is deceiving though, you look at the tape and think that looks too easy, but the muscles you are contracting are deep, that is why it works so well.
Can you tell I love it?
Hope this helps.
Jo-Ann